Preserving jams and jellies can be a complex process but it doesn’t have to be!
Here’s a simple recipe that anyone can follow and have fresh homemade strawberry jam!
No pectin. No thermometers. No water-baths. Just three simple ingredients and lots of love!
You’ll never buy a jar again!
Homemade Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups chopped strawberries(250g approx)
- 1 cup sugar(200g approx)
- juice of half a lemon
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Simmer over medium heat till all the sugar has melted.
- With a potato masher, mash the cooked and softened strawberry dices.
- Continue simmering the mixture over a medium heat till it is the desired consistency.(You can make it into a strawberry sauce or a jam).
- Transfer into a clean jar and store it in the refrigerator.
- Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon to avoid crystallisation.