A lot of us here have never had the chance to dig our teeth into a Reese’s peanut butter cup. Are we going to let the fact that it isn’t readily available here(I checked online, they retail for crazy prices!), stop us from changing that? Of course not! We’ll just make some on our own!
In honour of our indomitable spirit, I present to you, a lazy baker, no-bake version called the Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars!
You can make these the traditional way using cupcake liners, but umm… thats just… too much work. Hey, c’mon, we are all known to take the lazy option. Besides, the bars are just the right portion to serve individually! Think, game nights not enough time, pressure to serve up a great dessert. Such a saviour, I know!
Now there are a lot of recipes available, but all of them seem to have so much butter. I feel that there is enough oil in the peanut butter itself.(You’ll see when you microwave it)
Apart from the satisfaction of being able to control how much of what goes into the bars, I was really happy I didn’t have to break the bank in my quest to sink them to the bottom of my tummy.
Peanut Butter lovers, prepare to be blown!
No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed digestive biscuits
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 100g semi sweet chocolate
- a handful of chopped peanuts
- Line a 4×4 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and butter for 30 seconds and stir till both combine well.
- Add in the salt, sugar and crushed biscuits little by little till everything is well incorporated.
- Spread this mixture evenly in the pan.
- In another bowl, melt the chocolate using a double boiler or the microwave(whichever you feel comfortable with). You can add the chopped peanuts to the chocolate at this point(totally optional).
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly on top.
- Shove it in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes (or fast track it with 5 mins in the freezer) till the chocolate sets.
- Cut into squares and serve!