Muffins are so versatile. They go well with afternoon tea or a Sunday brunch and even let you get away with calling chocolate as breakfast food! If you are one of those, simply cannot bend the no-chocolate-for-breakfast-rule then you can always substitute the chocolate with any fruit! A little lemon zest and some blueberries or a marble of strawberry puree, some peaches maybe? The possibilities are endless!
Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven at 180°C and line the muffin tin.
- Sieve the wheat flour twice and keep it aside.
- Cream the sugar and yogurt till the sugar dissolves.
- Add baking soda and baking powder to it. Leave it aside for 5 mins till bubbles appear.
- In another bowl cream the butter and vanilla extract till light and fluffy.
- Add the softened butter to the yogurt mixture and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the flour, in parts, to the wet mixture, till everything is well incorporated.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins.
- You can substitute the chocolate chips for blueberries or any other fruit.
- You must move fairly quickly after the baking soda and baking powder are added.