Don’t you just love the freshness that citrus brings with it? I find so many recipes out there that use an essence and it leaves me wondering how the same freshness can be achieved with that.
Another thing I have noticed is that many citrus dessert recipes are either sickly sweet or just too sour. It’s so important to find the right balance between the two flavours. You want that tinge of sour and slight sweetness to counter it!
These delicate lemon melting moments are light and refreshing and perfect for a high tea! So bring out those pastel teacups to go with the biscuits and netflix Downton Abbey on a peaceful Sunday evening!
Lemon Melting Moments
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 11/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- Cream the butter sugar and vanilla extract together till light and fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour a little at a time.
- Add in the lemon zest and juice and stir everything till it forms a dough.
- Pipe the dough as shown in the picture or just use an ice-cream scoop to drop tablespoons of dough on a lined baking tray .
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Be sure to add only the zest of the lemon and not the white rind. The white part of the zest will add a bitter taste to the cookies.
- Once the cool down, immediately store them in airtight containers.