There are days when you just don’t have the time to sit down and have a hearty breakfast. You’ve got to leave for an early morning lecture or a meeting and more often than not, these are the times when we compromise on our health. We force ourselves to work on an empty stomach. I have just the recipe for these kind of days. A little planning, the night before and you’ve ensured you don’t end up blasting at your boss out of hanger!
Instead of adding refined sugar, I have added pomegranate arils and a little bit of honey to ensure that sugar levels are maintained using natural sources. If you want more sweetness, just add more pomegranate! Every exploding aril will fill your mouth with immense flavour and sweetness and you’ll be left trying to cram as many as you can in each bite! :p
Prepare the oats in the jar at night and throw in the rest of the ingredients in the morning and you have a breakfast you can eat on your commute.
Pomegranate and Mint Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- a handful of chopped mint
- 1 tbsp milk to add in the morning
- Take 1/2 cup milk in a jar and add honey to it. Stir this mixture till the honey has dissolved.
- Add oats to the jar and leave it overnight.
- The next morning, add 1 tbsp milk to loosen up the oats.
- Top them up with the yogurt, pomegranate, pistachios and mint.
- Screw the lid on and you’re good to go!
- You can add 1/2 tsp cinnamon to your oats if it is to your taste.
- Any type of nuts that are available can be added to your oats. You can even add a mixture of chopped walnuts, almonds, pistachios etc.